02 January, 2011

High Fiber Diet Retreat 2011

Join me for a relaxing weekend!!

We will be staying at this lodge in Grand Haven, Michigan

Cost will be $180
$90 due by January 31st
$90 due by July 1st

Deposit non-refundable unless your spot is taken up by someone on the waiting list (if one occurs)
Double occupancy- there are Queen and twin beds, so it might mean sharing a bed, I will know more when I go visit. If you really want to room with someone, I will try to accommodate. If you need a single room, you would have to pay the cost of two people in the room, I will not charge you double everything.

29 spots
(If Sarge is home, he will sleep at home and attend each day he wants to, that way no one feels uncomfortable with a man in the house overnight while you are away from yours, this is 10 minutes from our home)

Local people that want to come each day but sleep at home are welcome at a smaller charge for meals. Contact me.

This includes:
Stay at the lodge from 11/3 to 11/6 Check in will be at 3pm and check out on Sunday by 10:30am

Meals--

Thursday-
Dinner:
Pizza or Sandwiches
Finger foods for arrival

Friday-
Breakfast:
Granola, Yogurt, Fruit, Juice, Coffee, Tea
Muffins, Bagels, Cream cheese

Lunch-
Chile with toppings and cornbread/Crackers,

Dinner-
Minestrone soup
Pasta & Garlic bread
Dessert-

Saturday-
Breakfast-
Muffins, Bagels, Cream cheese, Breakfast casserole

Lunch-
Lunch out or leftovers

Dinner-
Mexican food- taco /nacho bar
Dessert

Sunday-
Breakfast- Breakfast Cookies

Snacks, Juice, Soda, Water, Coffee and Tea

Alcohol will be BYOB.

Swap- Each person needs to bring one item worth at least $20 that says something about where you are from. We will do a large swap on Saturday night. Have fun with it.

High Fiber Diet Swag bag- If anyone wants to donate or knows of any etsy sites I should contact, please let me know.

I will see about getting a t-shirt made up for the event- if you want one, I will post pricing for them soon. The place I normally go to for Tees is reasonable, but if anyone can get them less expencive, let me know.


I will see about either a yarn crawl on Saturday or a farm crawl…or maybe a market of local vendors can be set up in the lodge. I am going to take pictures this next week so I will know more about space size then. Let me know which you would prefer or we can do both! If anyone wants to offer to host a class let me know. Things to think about- steeking, inserting a zipper, measuring class, or anything you might love to do and would love to teach. This will be all impromptu, no homework- done on site type classes.

There is a Spa within walking distance of the lodge and you can set up massage, mani/pedi if you like.

I am setting up a bank account hopefully on Monday and will be able to take payment by Friday. I should be able to take money via Paypal, but I think there are fees, so I would have to find out how much that will be.

This is my first time hosting an event like this, so any help is welcome and thank you in advance!!


Contact me on Ravelry about how to sign up.

Hope to see you there!!